Part Time Operations Assistant | Potts Point, NSW
At Spiritus Stones, our mission is to inspire and empower the world to live a more mindful life through our symbolic creations, so we aim for every customer to feel the love and joy with each interaction with our brand.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Part Time Operations Assistant to assist the Founder with key business functions, including production, wholesale administration, social media, and eCommerce, with end-to-end responsibility for online fulfilment.
This is a newly created position, and great for someone who loves working with jewellery and being part of a small business with heart. We're looking for someone with a positive attitude who wants to work in a close-knit environment alongside the owner and actively engage with all facets of the business.
Based out of our sunny studio workshop in Potts Point, you will work part-time from 9 am - 1 pm, Monday through Thursday. To be successful in this role, you must have consistent availability across this schedule and be motivated to work across various tasks. There is potential for this role to transition to full-time in the future.
- Supports the Founder with day-to-day administrative and functional tasks.
- Responsible for the end-to-end online fulfilment process, including customer service, picking & packing orders, order personalisation & gift-wrapping, shipping, processing returns & exchanges and facilitating product care & resolution outcomes.
- Contributes to and oversees the production of gemstone and metal-based jewellery, including product assembly & finishing and materials & component sourcing.
- Maintains accurate on-hand inventory and stock organisational systems physically (for stock housed in the workshop), in Shopify (for stock available to sell online) and Excel (for stock allocated to be sold via wholesale).
- Supports the Founder with creating content for social media and the website. Posts content to the Spiritus Stones website and social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook). On occasion, features in content related to the brand and its products.
- Responsible for monitoring and responding promptly to customer queries and comments on Spiritus Stones' Instagram and Facebook Accounts.
- Be an ambassador for the brand, representing its values and policies and voice in all interactions.
- Provides fulfillment, administrative and account maintenance support for wholesale. Acts as the main point of contact for existing accounts and assists the Founder with new vendor queries and onboarding.
- Responsible for the end-to-end fulfilment of wholesale orders, including vendor communications, picking & packing orders, shipping, processing returns & exchanges and facilitating product care & resolution outcomes.
- Assists with creating assets and seasonal selling tools.
- Keeps the Studio and work areas tidy and organized daily.
- Responsible for maintaining and ordering a consistent supply of office stationery, shipping, and packaging materials.
- Carries out ad hoc tasks as requested.
- 2+ years of previous experience in a production, fulfillment, brand support or operations-based role is beneficial.
- Interest and enthusiasm in jewellery and gemstones is a must. Exposure to and an understanding of the production process, assembling, and finishing is a plus.
- Process driven and solutions focused.
- An effective communicator who can filter information and can manage up to the business Founder.
- Familiarity and enthusiasm for capturing behind the scenes content for Instagram, Facebook, and the brand website. Comfortable with occasionally featuring in social media and website content.
- Knowledge of Shopify.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, especially Excel.
- Familiarity with Canva, Adobe Creative Cloud and graphic design software a plus.
- A positive, kind, and proactive individual willing to assist across various areas of the business.
Why You’ll Want To Come On Board
- Join a Founder-led business where your ideas are heard and welcomed.
- Work across varied tasks and functions and see the impact of your efforts firsthand.
- Be part of a supportive, collaborative, and creative work environment.
- Work from a light-filled, studio workshop located in the heart of Potts Point.
- Opportunity for growth and professional development.
- Culture of positivity, mindfulness, and wellbeing.
- Staff product discounts.
To apply, please email a CV and cover letter (no longer than a page, please) explaining why you’d be a good fit for the role to our recruitment partners at SHOW BUSINESS:
We try to respond to all candidates but apologies in advance if we miss you due to a high volume of applications.